Termites are the small but mighty pests that can take your home from a perfectly live-able space to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Termites can eat quite a bit of wood in a very short time frame which can ruin the value of your home if not taken seriously. Preventing this issue from ever occurring, however, is the best route to take when it comes to protecting your home.
Make sure that your homeowner’s keep an eye out for the following in order to avoid the dreaded home eaters.
- Eliminate moisture. Termites love a moist location and if that happens to be surrounding the homeowner’s home, they will settle in. Make sure that owners keep faucets, water pipes, and air conditioning units in working condition and leak free.
- Keep mulch to a minimum. Excess mulch and ground cover can be a welcome sign to termites.
- Block off any entry points. Have owners seal any areas around water and utility pipes that could be used as an entry way for the pest.
- Find a safe place to store firewood, paper, and lumber. If this is located near the foundation, it might set the termites up to start feeding near the house, eventually working their way to the bigger prize.
- Encourage inspections. Not only are more inspections good for your business but they also allow the client to know they are in a good place. Decks and wooden fences should be checked on a regular basis in order to check for damage.
Keeping clients and potential clients up to date on these types of issues and helping them to prevent them before any issues arise, will build the credibility of your company. The more you can be an asset to the client the more likely they are to refer you or use you again for their next inspection.